Thursday, May 9, 2013

First Post from Our New House

Hi there,

Yup, it has been a while since I last blogged (what's new?!) and it's not that I haven't been busy it's just....you know. Anyway, was sitting in the craft room on the 'puter when I saw the most gorgeous view as the sun was setting. The photo doesn't quite do it justice but you get the drift I'm sure.
While in the throes of shifting house my scrap stash was hidden away but I did manage to do some stuff so I didn't go totally crazy from lack of scrappin'. I made this for Mum and Dad as a thank you for having us stay with them while we were in-between houses.

 
The four pics are us kids - these very pics have been on the wall in the hallway at Kauri Street for what seems like centuries but (even this sounds bad) decades is more accurate. They're all taken when we were around 18months-2 years old. For some reason the proofs of Russell (top right) went missing years ago so that's why his one is slightly different from the others in terms of framing.

 
I've used many different elements in this one - and it's glued onto a canvas so that it can sit unaided on a shelf - from Dusty Attic to resin flowers and butterfly to metal trinkets to miscellaneous flowers and other tidbits. There's also some lace tucked in there too.

 
Hope you're having a great week. Catch you soon.
Cheers,
K

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you posting again and what a view!!! What a lovely gift and nice to put them all together in one project. Love how you have put the tree at the top. Your parents would have loved it. Hope to see you Saturday if you are going!

    ReplyDelete