Monday, October 8, 2012

Four Generations - Wedding #3

Hi there,

Wedding #3 is my parents. While I got the bulk of the page done last weekend down at the Oamaru crop, I had to wait until today to get the final piece into the page. I needed to get a current photo of Mum and Dad and when I dropped in last week Mum refused to pose because she was still in her tennis clothes and her hair (she reckoned) was messy! So I made a 'formal' appointment for yesterday and got the pic printed today.


This page is quite different in colouring from the first two - a lighter, brighter feel to it - although I think I still have the heritage look. Mum's bridesmaids wore an apricot-y outfit which I wanted to be represented. I don't normally use the orange portion of the colour-wheel but I am rather happy with the final result.

Mum and Dad were married on 9 February 1957; 55 years and still going strong. :-)


As with Wedding #2, I have used some resin flowers - this time a new poppy mold - but these ones were a rather difficult to paint. Well, not so much paint but to get the right colour. I started out with some pale apricot but it looked too 'new and clean' so I had to make some more and second time around I went for a darker orange. The paint job wasn't as good but once the gold liquid pearls was added to the centres I found they fitted into the distressed, aged look of the page.

The other lighter flowers are made using my new Tim Holtz "Tattered Pinecone" die. By curling it slightly differently it comes up with a rose-like flower. I like it.....I like it a lot! Also in there are some little green flower-like resin pieces.


Other elements on the page: Kaiser "Miss Match" paper collection, Make It Crafty circle swirl and corners, the Martha Stewart punch - this time using the corner punch to highlight the green layer, 3 lots of lace from my old lace stash, and a few paper rose buds.

The circle element of this page is the pre-cut Kaiser paper. There were faint outlines of circles which I have sewn on, and also dotted with liquid pearls. There was an inner circle of darker dots which I have punched through to show the green layer underneath.

So now I move onto Wedding #4 - Rodney and me. I've got the background but am still waiting for some inspiration on the layout. Watch this space!

Have a great week.
Cheers,
K


2 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous layout Kathryn. Love the circles and the 'Make it Crafty' chippy and the poppies look great even if they took a bit of work. Looking forward to #4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea 4 generations of weddings. I remember wedding #4, lovely day, even the groom cried.

    ReplyDelete