Saturday, January 14, 2012

NY Resolution Going Strong

Hi there,

Well, my new year's resolution - to go for a walk once a week and to make a page/card each week - is going great.

I've managed the walk a week, and in fact this week I went for a second walk. Unfortunately there's something dodgy going on with my right knee so the walking may not get very far but I'm determined to keep going. Even if its only a 20min walk. :-)

And the card thing is doing great too. Fluffy Bum seems to like me spending time in the craft room - she curls up on the floor or my tote bag while I create. I've actually done more than 1 card a week although some are repeats of the same design.

And I'm enjoying the crafting again too. I think I got a little over-done pre-Christmas....probably having a tight deadline didn't help. Planning ahead seems to be the way to go so long as I don't procrastinate too much!!

Today, I made a birthday card. The first one for quite some time and hopefully not the last. I was on a deadline for this one - it was Dad's birthday yesterday and we were going to visit this afternoon so I had to get it done in a couple of hours. I surprised myself with how quick the creative juices started flowing and while it's quite simple (I think that's going to be my thing this year) I rather like it. I've not got a lot of the bricks left.....came from a SENZ kit.....but hopefully I can get some more down the track so I can make some more.


Anyway, that's about it for now. X Factor is on in a minute (am so totally addicted to these reality/talent things). Hope your year has started as well as mine!

Cheers,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment