Saturday, October 15, 2011

Photo Book and Other Stuff

Hi there,

Am sitting in front of the telly with just 4 hours or so until the first semi-final in the world cup. Nervous times although I think tomorrow will be worse! I've already had a wee nana nap.....warm room and headache pills combined to put me to sleep for a wee while. I must have been snoring 'cause Rodney had left when I woke up! Fluffy Bum wanted her tea. :-)

Anyway. Back to things crafty. A few weeks ago I finally got around to painting the Dusty Attic Advent Calendar that I put together at a crop back at the beginning of the year. I had chosen the nativity scene insert so I wanted a non-traditional-festive look. What do you think?
I was particularly pleased with the blue paint I found - Prussian Blue to be precise. I then sprayed my homemade sparkly mist (Pearlex Powder mixed with water) to soften the colour. While that has a gold tinge to it, I coloured the numbers with a silver gel pen. Don't really know why but I like it.
Lastly I painted the nativity scene white and then went round the edges with a gold leafing pen. Note to self.....next time do this before putting the scene into the middle. :-)
Don't tell her, but my niece will be getting this for her birthday at the end of November just in time for the countdown to Christmas. Argh - only 2 1/2 months to Christmas!

My brother called in answer to my birthday text and told me off......he really liked the photo book I made but apparently some of the pictures should have been left out! Ha. No can do sir.
He also told me off for spending too much time on pressies. Fat chance of that changing 'cos that's the best bit about making stuff is when it's for other people. Here's a few more pics of the finished piece.
Lastly for this post, here is colour number 3 in the series of pages I did on Rodney at Raincliff.


Go the Welsh! Go the All Blacks!!
Cheers,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment