Saturday, July 2, 2011

SENZ 2011 - Fantastic!

Well, SENZ is over for another year and, for me, it was a fabulous experience. Once again, I helped out in some classes as well as spending time on the info desk. We (my Wellington buddies Trina & Liz) spent a bit of time on Thursday evening and early Friday morning helping with setting up and clearing away empty boxes and for our efforts we were most chuffed to receive some free stuff and sneak peek spending.
Friday saw me in two classes - Nic Howard's Decadent Details and Trina McClune's Texture Throughout.
Nic's class was fairly full on with lots of layering of papers for the layout and for the title block and I loved it. Small boo-boo here....my photo was 6x4 instead of 7x5 so I added an extra paper layer to fill the space. I also stuffed up the title a bit - mine being too long - but I tidied it up yesterday ready for the 'photo shoot'. :-) Lots of freebie goodies in the class - thanks heaps to Webster's Pages, Scrapware, Prima and 4everjoy and of course Nic Howard. My effort......


A quick snack and change of room and it was off to Trina McClune's Textured Throughout class. Less layering in this class, however we did some fancy cutting out of various images from the gorgeous papers. Once again Fluffy Bum stars in the photos (do you see a theme here....) with her efforts at the latest craze of planking. Well, at least we reckon she is. Also some freebie goodies in our packs bits and bobs from pinkpaislee, Dusty Attic and Prima. Thanks Trina!


I assisted Jill Geraghty-Groves for 3 classes on Saturday; Vintage Distressed (twice) and Teeny Tiny Book. I was pretty darn tired by the end of the day (how do the tutors do it!!) but I had lots of fun chatting to everyone. I got to keep a kit from each class and I've completed the Vintage Distressed layout so far. It is soooo much fun - inking, spritzing (with water), scrunching and crumpling. If you don't like getting your hands dirty then don't try this technique!


My photography skills aren't quite up to showcasing this layout but I'm certainly going to have a go at more of this technique. Muslin and pattered tissue, distress inks and water. 'S'all you need!
I caught a glimpse of another of Jill's classes - Mixed Media Canvas - hopefully she'll have another one next year 'cause it looked gorgeous.
Word is that SENZ will be back in Auckland next year so I'm starting to save my pennies now. :-) Just like last year I've been inspired to get into the scrapping again so watch this space.....
I'm also going to have another shop sale this month; once again beads and jewellery will be half price. I've found a few more scrapbook bits, and there's also some new mini-scarves added to the collection. If you're in town on July 23rd I hope to see you!

In the meantime, keep safe and warm.

Cheers,
Kathryn

2 comments:

  1. love the first layout of fluffy bum - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed SENZ. Fluffybum is sure a star. Happy scrapping.

    ReplyDelete