Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sydney was hot Hot HOT!

Well, I'm back home after spending the last 5 days in Sydney. It was very hot. Even the Aussies, particularly those from hotter areas of that fair continent, were commenting on the heat.  I managed to pick up a cold - I blame it on my work mate - so was not feeling overly active but I had a great time.
I got to Sydney early morning on Thursday, checked in to my hotel and had a wee rest reading my book before heading out for some exercise. I walked around the main ANZ Stadium along Olympic Boulevard then around past the athletic centre and swimming complex. It was very pleasant even though quite warm. Took me an hour - not that I was trying to break any records. :-)
I was in Sydney to officiate at the Australian Junior Track & Field champs - all events for U14s through to U20s. I went to this event last year and thoroughly enjoyed the experience so when the call came out that they were short on officials for this year's event I decided to break the bank completely and go again. The really good thing is that you can fly from Chch to Sydney pretty darn cheaply these days, and with our accommodation paid for, it was very worth it. Hopefully I will be able to go again next year (and the next year and the next). I've now travelled to Aussie 8 times since August 2009; quite a few flying miles!
Sorry, I did forget to take my camera so no pickies to share this week. :-(
Have a great week.....fingers tightly crossed there are no disasters anywhere in the world this week. We've had enough!
Cheers,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment