Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Playing Around with Beads

I discovered at the IPC champs that there's a lot of pin swapping that goes on. Amongst the athletes and also to a smaller extent amongst the officials. I didn't have anything to swap! But I did manage to get a gorgeous wee beaded South Africa flag.
It got me thinking. I love playing with beads and I could make my own wee 'thingies' to give to the officials that I meet on my travels overseas.
It wasn't as easy to find patterns though. And due to the amount of detail on the NZ flag, what I've come up with is a little too big as a pin. Ok for a key ring attachment perhaps.
So I then thought maybe the silver fern would work. I think it does. What do you think?
I have a month until my next trip away so I'm going to be busy busy busy making these things. :-)

Cheers,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment