Sunday, December 19, 2010

Here they are as promised

My version(s) of Tim Holtz' 2010 12 Tags of Christmas. Check out the real ones on his blog.

The pics aren't the best, especially on #3 but they do show the detail of the tags. I've managed to get 4 done and hopefully sometime during January I'll have a go at the remaining 8. And I haven't checked out his ones from previous years yet. Based on this year's I can't wait to go for a good look. :-)

My reindeer is brighter but I think I made a good copy of it by tracing from the photo on his blog. (Am I allowed to do that??). My wreath is made of 3 strands of twisted wire wound round with a plait of green thin strips of cardstock. The bow is also from cardstock. The neat technique I learned here was inking the embossing folder and then putting it through the Big Shot (or Cuttlebug). You get quite a different look just by inking the 'positive' side or the 'negative' side of the folder. Very cool technique which Tim H calls a 'texture fade'. I must use this again in my scrapping. The trees, reindeer and title tag are made from grungepaper.


I'm gonna have another go at this one sometime. My petals weren't quite right and didn't want to scrumple quite the way I wanted to but I went with it this time. The grungepaper was covered in a canvas-type paper for inkjet printers. I think it may have made the petals just a bit too thick. I should look for some other stickyback canvas. Does it look like a poinsettia?? I used the texture fade technique again. Love it.


Again, I made a tracing from the photo. The main body part was easy, but the the arms??!!! Oh well, they turned out ok. The flash hides most of the acetate that covers the whole tag. That's what the brads are holding down. It was embossed with snowflakes. I added the snowflake thingies to the snowman 'cos he looked a little bare.

This one is my fave. To get my 'snow' look on the house, I used Dimensional Magic, then some Flower Soft followed by Stickles. Once dried it looked quite good - a more 'weathered' look to the snow! The house, fence and title tag are grungepaper again. It is a bit smelly but great stuff.

I had to make a lot of substitutions for the products used. I tried not to buy anything extra...although the little tree and star charms were bought 'specially for these as I didn't have anything else suitable. But I'm happy with the results and I just love the 3D detail of these tags. I hope you do to!

Have a very Merry Christmas and I'll catch you again very soon.

Cheers,
K

1 comment:

  1. Well done Kathryn, what excellent variations on a whole heap of products!

    ReplyDelete