Thursday, November 25, 2010

Not a good week for some

I'm sitting watching the Campbell Live and seeing some rather sad stuff. I can't believe the amount of baking these people in Chch have gathered to send to the Coasters. They said "baked with a pinch of hope" but now its just grief.
And then also there's been the second fire at Girls' High - my old stamping ground - and I saw the devastation there last night. The school - apart from the burnt building - is looking superb after some obviously great efforts by the grounds staff. But some dickheads thought it "funny" to set fire to a classroom. The same one as a few weeks ago and I guess they finished the job off this time. What makes some people tick????
Oh well. On to happier things perhaps. I start my second job on Monday - part-time temp at Noel Leemings - and I'm going to be a busy girl over the next 5 weeks. But its all good 'cos it's money! What it means for my friends and family tho is that there will be no handmade Xmas cards this year - there is simply not the time left!! Sorry in advance.
I finally got my "blue" layout done for the Colour class I'm doing. The cluster had me scratching my head for a while but I'm happy with the end result. I did cheat a little on the class rule of using current stash.....the peach roses were bought after the class started, but in my defence I bought them for another project and they were the left overs. :-)
Coming up with some "B" words for my wee girl was a bit tricky. "Beauty" or "Beautiful" was a given, but the second word? There had to be two 'cos the layout required two. Hmmm. Rodney didn't seem so taken with the "Beloved". Any ideas out there? It's not too late to change it!
Here's looking to the weekend and some brighter news from around and about.
Cheers,
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment