Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Scrapping

It's rather cold and wet outside - great for scrapbooking!

Here is my latest creation for the family tree series. This is Harry & Gertrude's official wedding photo. The original photo has writing on the back (I think written by the photographer) describing what Great Grandma Roberts is wearing. Quite a contrast in style to what Great Grandma Fort is wearing in 1895. I shall be scrapping that one in the near future.

I used another Trina McClune sketch for this page. With the paper I used here (Basic Grey "Scarlett's Letter" range) and the size of the circle in relation to the pic didn't look right without something around the square border. So I experimented with a large corner stamp. I stamped in each corner using Antique Linen from the Distress Inks range, and then stamped (hopefully here is a link to Trina's blog where I got the sketch from.....).
Not sure I like my handwriting; I wanted to put a date on the page with their names but I'm thinking I should have left it out. On the other hand, I like the flowers. To get the right shade of red I Glimmer Misted pink cardstock flowers rather than white with "Brick".

Off now to see what the layout is for week 2 of the online class I'm taking. It's all about colour and this week it's orange and yellow. I think it's going to be a bit tricky!
Have a great weekend.

Cheers,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment