Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Blast from the past & Nic's class week 1

It's been a wee bit quiet lately on the scrapping front but this weekend I got back into gear and I made - lost count - heaps of flowers with various papers. I know that I WILL use them at some stage - I promise they won't languish in the stash for too long - and even better I have used papers that I have more of so that I can create pages that use have matching embellishments. Or not. Who knows!?

The first page here is continuing the theme I started a few weeks ago with the photo of my Great Grandma. That one was of her on her 90th (or 95th) birthday.


For this new page I used the same sketch of Trina's and pretty much the same embellishments but with some tiny wee differences - can you spot them? And even harder - can you spot which 'r' was not originally an 'r'? (I have run out of them in my fave chipboard alpha set). The photo is of Great Grandad Albert Harold Roberts (known to all as Harry) and Great Grandma Gertrude Elizabeth Roberts (nee Dohrmann) on their wedding day in 1898. This is her 'going away' outfit. I do have a pic of the wedding dress - and it is gorgeous! - but am holding that one off for another page.

The stickles on the Dusty Attic florish was still wet when I took the pic, and unfortunately the sun has washed the page out a bit but I'm sure you'll forgive me for that.

 
The second page is for week 1 of Nic Howard's class "Colour! Or is it Color?". This is an online class running for six weeks on Big Picture Classes. This week's colour is red. I love red, but surprisingly (or not) I find it very difficult to find patterned red papers that suit my taste (and photo). In fact I find this problem extends to beads as well. It is very hard to find a nice red bead of the right size, shape, type for my jewellery. But that's another story.


I am hoping to use the same pic of (guess who!) for all the layouts in the class. But that may be a bigger challenge than getting the layouts done! The week starts on Thursdays so I've just completed this one on time and there is still a double 6x6 one to do. Good thing I'm only working part time. :-)


Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment