Thursday, October 21, 2010

Would you call it Heritage??

My first page for a wee while but when I saw the sketch on Trina's blog I just had to try this one.
This is my great grandma - Gertrude Roberts (nee Dohrmann) - my mum's mum's mum. :-) This photo was apparently published in the Timaru Herald at the time - taken either on her 90th or 95th (mum can't remember which) birthday at her home in Pleasant Point.
I was about 7 when she died so I don't remember much of her but I do remember going to visit a few times. She lived to 96. Mum's mum lived to 95 and I think great granma's mum lived to a similar age so it looks like I've still got 40-odd years left in me if previous ancestral form is anything to go by!
About the page - as I mentioned, this is based on one of Trina McClune's sketches. There is a wee Dusty Attic branch in there and some bought flowers (the small ones). The main flowers are made by yours truly using the Retro punch trio and water to squish the paper to crinkle. The paper is Basic Grey "Periphery" range and the green/olive cardstock is Bazzill embossed. There's a bit of a paper doily in there too - can you spot it?? The lace is very old.....found it in mum's stash and she got it from her mum so it's all in the family this one.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh that's beautiful Kathryn, and definitely heritage. Love your take on my sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Retro punch flowers Kathryn, I must get practising myself!

    ReplyDelete