Monday, October 11, 2010

First Day of Work

Not quite my first day at work, but it was my first day doing the real stuff I've been hired to do. And wouldn't you know it, the assistant manager is away for a month so the weekend stuff didn't get done....I had three days of work to do! Not to worry, I get an extra hour worth of pay coming and probably will do that for the rest of the month too.
Have thawed out from yesterday's day at the track. Horizontal hail resulted in one very drenched and miserable me. Fortunately we only had to endure it for a couple of hours (unlike Inglewood of a couple of years ago) but I did wish I was back in Cairns for a while. :-)
Now I'm off over to the chair in the sun to make the most of it for the rest of the day. Fluffy Bum was sitting there, but she's now decided to burrow under the sleeping bag that is still on the floor after my late night watching Val Adams in the shot put on Saturday.
Have a great week.
K

No comments:

Post a Comment