Friday, October 15, 2010

Fantastic Ferns!

Yes, I stayed up to watch the netball last night and I am soooo glad I did. Edge of the seat stuff and the best result. Fluffy Bum kept nudging me and looking at me - she wanted her supper and bed - but I just couldn't take my eyes off the screen. :-)
I completed my first proper week at work and today I was sort-of on my own as the boss worked overnight. I got through it all unscathed (and everyone else too!) so am rather proud of how I've picked it all up. There's certainly plenty of work to keep me occupied for more than 4 hours a day but I guess eventually I'll have to keep my hours down. But it's all good, and I'm enjoying it.
I went for some celebratory shopping after work. Went to Rebel Sport to spend $40 of vouchers......I wanted a pair of shorts but came away with a pair of shoes instead. Ahem. I'm not telling how much but I did have to get my card out of the wallet.
I then went to Warehouse Stationery to spend the $250 of vouchers I won. I got quite a bit - two packs of cardstock/papers, a punch (1 inch square), a Cuttlebug embossing folder (4 funky square outlines of differing sizes) and a Cuttlebug quilling kit for making roses/carnations. I saw some of the quilling stuff at SENZ in Trina McClune's 3-in-1 class and I liked what I saw so I'm dead keen to get cracking with my new kit. I will post some pics when I've had a go..... Anyway, all this only came to $150 so I've 'gifted' the extra $100 to Rodney. Mostly a thank you for all he does for me, but also partly guilt for spending so much on the shoes.....!!!!
Have a great weekend.
K

No comments:

Post a Comment