Friday, September 10, 2010

Latest Projects - Part 2


My other project this week was a canvas. It's a special pressie for my new sister-in-law who turns 50 on Saturday. It doubles as a belated wedding pressie.
I have several goes at colouring the canvas. The first canvas is now sitting in my craft room waiting for a new project! I had tried to mix a brown paint and came up with a forest green. Ha! So I bought some brown paint (Raw Umber) and tried again, and this time I mixed it with modelling paste to get a lumpy bumpy background. Inked it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Walnut Stain) and then sprayed with Glimmer Mist (Dazzling Diamonds). A little bit more ink on top of that.

The photo is mounted on 3mm bookboard and then matted with some Ice Silver metallic look paper.

The white stuff - no idea what it's called or who makes it - but I got it from a local florist. The green stuff - Webster's Pages "Blooms" (gorgeous!). The bling is another unknown maker; I got that from a sewing shop in the braids section. A little bit of Twinklets Diamond Dust on the red roses and it was complete.

Hope she likes it. :-)



7 comments:

  1. This is very special Kathryn, love it. The white stuff is so cool against the dark background and I need to get some of the blooms, I only have a pinky colour but that green - yum.

    Thanks for sharing with us at SGC x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background is fabulous! I havent been able to get my hands on any of those Webster's blooms yet. They are beautiful. Thanks for joining our first challenge at SGC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn this is gorgeous! What a lovely present ! The websters trim is something I've been wanting for a while and love that white mesh stuff. Thanks for joining us at SGC . Viv x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I love the emblishments on there. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.
    ~Patricia
    SGC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely layout. I love the embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls this week.
    Hugs
    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love this! What a special gift. Thanks for joining in our very first challenge at Southern Girls. Good Luck!
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the textures youv used,and the flowers look awesome,thanks for playing along with our very first challenge at southern girls

    ReplyDelete