Friday, September 17, 2010

At Last!

I have a job!
What a day/week. I started the week with 3 job interviews on Monday and Tuesday, and then I got an email on Tuesday advising I've been selected as a walk judge for the Aussie 50km walk champs in December. The interviews went really really well and I thought "yes" things are finally on the up. Wednesday morning dawns and I get a call saying I'd missed out on one job. Gutted - it was full time, permanent and a great job. So Wednesday wasn't good. Then yesterday I found out I was one of two left in the race for one of the jobs from Tuesday's interviews. The last 24 hours have left me a nervous wreck with a mighty migraine. I finally found out around 2:30 that I had missed out on the job. It was a close call which was why it took so long. Shit. (Excuse the French). While only a 6 month contract it would have been big bucks.
The phone rang about 30 mins ago - it was the lady from the Monday interview. I thought "bugger" this is it. A record 3 rejections in one week. But no! I got the job. It's only part-time but its a job and there is room for extra hours if required. Yay! So I feel like rubbish, but relieved rubbish - if that makes sense. :-) Totally wrung out, but I'm ok. I might even do some more scrapping this evening. (Got a page nearly finished and ready to publish).
So I can go to Cairns next week knowing I have a job to come back to. Major relief in the finance department.
Have a great weekend all. I know I will!
Cheers,
K

4 comments:

  1. Well done on the job that is great news to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Kathryn where are you going to be working?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be working at BP Connect - the one on Evans St. I'll find out my hours on Monday when I go in to sort out my contract, etc. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic news Kathryn - way to go
    they are lucky to have you

    Bo

    ReplyDelete