Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weekend at Raincliff

Well, our last Raincliff (hopefully not!) is over. What a blast. We were talking about how many camps there have been and who had been to all of them. Apart from Rachel F, only two scrappers have been to all 8 - Nic B and Deirdre. Legends. Of course, I wasn't around for the first one and didn't even know about the second one, but I've been to all 6 since starting with just a day trip and graduating up to the full weekend. I've managed to forget to bring something each time; first it was my sleeping bag, then soap (an ice-cold shower is bad enough but without soap?? Argh!), then a pillow (not so bad) and a towel (managed to borrow one) and this time I left my cutting mat behind. Fortunately Becks took 2!

So. To my efforts of the weekend. My main project was supposed to be the mini village that was a class at SENZ back in July. But I wasn't happy with my efforts after 2 hours of hard yakka, so I took the advice of the girls and went to something else. And I never looked back. Four layouts later I was a happy scrapper and to top it off I won the spot prize for page of the weekend. Lots of goodies to play with.....Thanks so much Rach.

My pages feature my youngest neice and nephew - both from my sister's whanau - Rachel and Henry. I have already done a few featuring Rachel, but my mum was disappointed that I hadn't used pink as that is Rachel's favourite colour. So I went for a total pink-out. I hope you like the results. Spot the gorgeous Dusty Attic Bird of Paradise die-cut.


Next up is using Prima's Paintables paper which was part of the make n take. The only rule was we had to include some or all of the Paintables sheet. My first real "boy" page and I was rather rapt with the results. I hope you can see all the elements in there, including the Dusty Attic "Chicken Wire" hopefully masquerading as a fishing net. :-)


I liked the Prima paper so much I decided to do a matching one for Rachel, again featuring her favourite colour and the DA Bird. I had managed to keep just enough of the flowers to make it a girly-girl page.



Last up was the second Henry page. This one, like the first Rachel page, has used Heidi Swapp's Invisibles paper. Not so many embellishments to hand for this but thankfully Becks had her Tim Holtz Sprocket die-cut. It came in very handy several times over!


So camp is over. Back to the real world of searching for a job. Fluffy Bum will be in seventh heaven this week as Rodney is home for two weeks holiday so she's got her mum AND dad to hassle for food!

Have a great week.

4 comments:

  1. please to see you had a great time BUT where are the photos of your outfits

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll have to get some pics from Becks - I didn't take my camera....sorry! And I never got to wear my angel wings but I'll save them for another day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layouts! You did a power of work - congrats on winning the prize too hope you liked all your goodies :-)
    Thanks again for all your help too, enjoy having hubby home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Kathryn gorgeous layouts :)
    I heard you had heaps of fun
    really missed being there sooooo hoping it not the last raincliff

    Bo

    ReplyDelete