Saturday, July 31, 2010

Catelegance


My latest page has taken a few days to be complete. Took me a little longer than recent pages but I am at last pleased with it.

It features Fluffy Bum in some of her favourite positions. Mostly in front of the gas heater! The journalling has been stolen from a cat calendar; this bit is the cat dictionary definition of "Catelegance". "cat-el-e-gance [kat-e-li-gen(t)s] n. describes a cat while lounging".

I've used Basic Grey "Periphery" paper - had it in my stash for some time - and some Bella "See Throughs" (think I got them from Whitcoulls). The pack has 9 3"x3" acetates with white flocked patterns. Two I inked with Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Walnut Stain and Crushed Olive) and the other I overlaid some black tulle. The photos have been mounted on chipboard and then painted with Tim Holtz Distress Paint. Some other odd bits of lace and stuff from my stash and a multi-layered flower from various sources.

So that's half of the weekend gone. I've also made some jewellery today; some new designs which I'm experimenting with. Tomorrow will be some more scrapping.

Thanks to Nic B, I potentially have a job doing the wedding stationery and jewellery. I'll be working on some prototypes tomorrow ready to show the bride on Monday. I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment